STABLES TO FERRIBY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1103316
Date first listed:
06-May-1952
Statutory Address:
STABLES TO FERRIBY HOUSE, TURNERS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES TO FERRIBY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103316.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2019 at 16:15:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLES TO FERRIBY HOUSE, TURNERS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
North Ferriby
National Grid Reference:
SE 98753 26125

Details

NORTH FERRIBY TURNERS LANE SE 92 NE (east side) 6/28 Stables to Ferriby House 6.5.52 GV II Stables, now a telephone exchange. 1788, on weather-vane. Red brick with stone dressings; graduated stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 11 bays: centre bay breaks forward slightly under low pediment. Shallow plinth. Central raised and fielded panelled double-leaf carriage doors with panelled overdoor and impost band under elliptical gauged brick arch with stepped keyblock. To bays 3 and 11 are doors of 6 raised and fielded panels with round-headed overlights,of 4 panes beneath radial glazing. 8 sashes with glazing bars and radial glazing under round gauged brick arches with impost band and raised keyblocks. First-floor band. To centre bay is a 4-pane fixed window with radial glazing under an elliptical gauged brick arch with impost blocks and raised keyblock flanked to right and to left by 5 elliptical windows with radial glazing, 3 in gauged brick surrounds and 4 with raised keyblocks. Moulded eaves and raked cornices; keyed oculus with radial glazing to pediment. Interior: largely filled with C20 switching gear. However the 2 right bays contain an axial arcade of 3 bays of moulded round arches on slender Tuscan columns. N M R PHOTO

Listing NGR: SE9875326125

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
164789
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00873/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gareth Parry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].