SHAWS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1103331
Date first listed:
03-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
SHAWS HOUSE, 8, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHAWS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103331 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 21:36:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
SHAWS HOUSE, 8, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Welton
National Grid Reference:
SE 95875 27261

Details

WELTON CHURCH STREET SE 9527 (south side) 9/63 No 8 (Shaws House) GV II House. 1784 on datestone. Brick, colour-washed, pantiled roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays in symmetrical elevation. Door of 6 panels and overlight with patterned glazing bars in pilastered doorcase with dentilled cornice flanked to right and left by sashes with glazing bars and sills. Over the door is a stone with the inscription: I WS 1784 First floor: 3 similar sashes. Stepped brick eaves cornice. Raised gables, end stacks.

Listing NGR: SE9587527261

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
164820
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00866/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gareth Parry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].