THE CAT AND FIDDLE PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1103615
Date first listed:
12-Aug-1985
Statutory Address:
Statutory Address:
THE CAT AND FIDDLE PUBLIC HOUSE, 14, COBDEN HILL, WD7 7JR

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CAT AND FIDDLE PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1103615 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 05:57:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
Statutory Address:
THE CAT AND FIDDLE PUBLIC HOUSE, 14, COBDEN HILL, WD7 7JR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
Hertsmere (District Authority)
Parish:
Aldenham
National Grid Reference:
TQ1667698953

Details

TQ 19 NE, 7/25 ALDENHAM, RADLETT, Cobden Hill (west side), No. 14, The Cat and Fiddle Public House

(Formerly listed as: No. 18 (The Cat and Fiddle PH))

II

Former house, Public House since 1878. Early C18, extended and altered 1814-18 and C20. Brick with some timber framing. Rendered. Machine tiled hipped roof. 2 storeys. Originally 2-window front, central entrance, bracketed hood. Long rectangular 8-pane sashes in moulded surrounds. Plinth. Band between storeys. Left end stack with offsets. 1-bay early C19 extension to right, slightly set back. 16-pane sashes in reveals. Stack between original block and extension on front pitch. Lean-to addition to left. 1-storey extension to right. Interior: timber framing with brick nogging visible at first-floor level on original left-end wall. C18 brick fireplace to left.

Listing NGR: TQ1667698953

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
164072
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Jun 2004
Reference: IOE01/10890/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Douglas Fairbank. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].