PINBROOK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1104086
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
18-Dec-1989
Statutory Address:
PINBROOK HOUSE, BEACON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PINBROOK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104086 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 02:59:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
PINBROOK HOUSE, BEACON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Exeter (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SX 95237 94560

Details

In the entry for:

BEACON LANE SX 99 SE 25/712 Pinbrook Farmhouse II

the list entry shall be amended to read:

SX 99 SE BEACON LANE Pinbrook House II*

Said to have been the Manor House. Over front door is a wooden shield with moulded top, small pulvinated frieze with a moulded frame below. Inside the frame is a square enriched frame with a coat of Arms surrounded with good carving. Below this is the date 1679. A large 3 storey house of red brick with hipped slate roof, and wide dentilled cornice (in front only). 4 casement windows on top and 1st floor, with blocked windows between. Band between floors but this ends above the outer windows although the walls extend beyond. In the extension there appear to be long blocked windows, like stair windows. This might be a later addition but the brick does not look less old. Late C19 open timber porch. On south front is a very large external brick chimney. A red stone base shows here with large moulded coping. On west front there are two wings, which each contain a staircase. That on the left hand has several blocked windows, and none open; that on the right hand has windows following the stairs with bands stepped above but 4 of these windows are blocked as well as others elsewhere. Interior not inspected.

------------------------------------

BEACON LANE 1. 1092 Pinbrook Farmhouse (Formerly listed in the rural district of St Thomas) SX 99 SE 25/712 11.11.52. II. 2. Said to have been the Manor House. Over front door is a wooden shield with moulded top, small pulvinated frieze with a moulded frame below. Inside the frame is a square enriched frame with a coat of Arms surrounded with good carving. Below this is the date 1679. A large 3 storey house of red brick with hipped slate roof, and wide dentilled cornice (in front only). 4 casement windows on top and 1st floor, with blocked windows between. Band between floors but this ends above the outer windows although the walls extend beyond. In the extension there appear to be long blocked windows, like stair windows. This might be a later addition but the brick does not look less old. A very poor porch on timber supports. On south front is a very large external brick chimney. A red stone base shows here with large moulded coping. On West front there are two wings, which each contain a staircase. That on the Left Hand has several blocked windows, and none open; that on the Right Hand has windows following the stairs with bands stepped above but 4 of these windows are blocked as well as others elsewhere.

Listing NGR: SX9523794560

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
88876
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08917/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Staten. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].