CHURCHYARD WALL AND STEPS APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES EAST OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1104092

Date first listed: 08-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCHYARD WALL AND STEPS APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES EAST OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD WALL AND STEPS APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES EAST OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104092 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 20:44:46.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCHYARD WALL AND STEPS APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES EAST OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: East Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Offwell

National Grid Reference: SY 19502 99569

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 19 NE OFFWELL OFF WELL

3/158 Churchyard wall and steps - approximately 4 metres east of the Church of St Mary GV II Churchyard wall and steps. Dated 1849. Local flint rubble. The churchyard is terraced over a steep drop of ground on the south side. It is revetted by a rubble wall which contains a Beerstone plaque close to the south gateway. It contains a shield in a quatrefoil panel which is inscribed to the effect that the wall and steps were rebuilt in the memory of Arthur William, the infant son of Edward Arthur Copleston who died in 1849. The steps up to the south gate are cobbled with flint.

Listing NGR: SY1949699566

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 88788

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing