UNDERHILL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104210
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1952
Statutory Address:
UNDERHILL HOUSE, UNDERHILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNDERHILL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104210 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 12:49:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
UNDERHILL HOUSE, UNDERHILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
East Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Lympstone
National Grid Reference:
SX 98912 83983

Details

SX 98 SE LYMPSTONE UNDERHILL, Lympstone

3/66 Underhill House 11.11.52

GV II House at the end of a row of 3. Circa 1810. Brick, Flemish bond, whitewashed; slate roof, half-hipped to right, adjoining Killrush (q.v.) to left. Double-depth, double-fronted plan, with central rear stair, hall, and subsidiary rooms to rear. 3 storeys. Front: almost symmetrical 3-window range, the outer window bays bow fronted throughout all 3 storeys, that to the right leaving the angle free to the width of the end wall which contains the paired and stacks; axial stack shared with Killrush to left. Moulded cornice. Bow windows, 3:9:3 pane to second floor, 4:12:4 pane hornless sash window to first and ground floor; central bay with 12-pane hornless sash windows to first and second floor. Central doorway with open pediment, pilasters, panelled reveals; half glazed door with semi-circular fanlight.

Listing NGR: SX9891283983

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
88566
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08334/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tony Ovens. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].