THE MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104225
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1952
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR, BURGMANN'S HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 22:12:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MANOR, BURGMANN'S HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
East Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Lympstone
National Grid Reference:
SX 98993 84381

Details

SX 98 SE LYMPSTONE BURGMANN'S HILL, Lympstone

5/5 The Manor 11.ll.52 GV II

Detached house. 1760 with later alterations. Brick, in Flemish bond; hipped slate roof, partly concealed behind parapet. Double-depth plan, the main rooms to either side of former entrance hall heated by paired internal end stacks. 3 storeys. Front: symmetrical 2:1:2 bay front, the central bay projecting slightly. 2nd floor with C18 hornless sash windows, 3 panes above, 6 below; 2nd floor with C18 12-pane hornless sash windows; all with brick window arches and external louvred shutters. The ground floor has been much altered; 2 rectangular bays with parapets and pilaster quoins flank the central entrance over which the parapets are carried as a cornice supported by openwork iron posts with decorative spandrels. 4-light late- C20 bay windows; and a 2-light window of the same date occupies position of former central doorway. To either side of the bay windows and flush with them are open- work iron verandahs, probably early-C19; that to the right returns to form a verandah along the right-hand end elevation and is glazed. This elevation has hornless sash windows (of 9- and 12-panes) and one small casement. 2 casement windows only to left-hand side. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SX9899384381

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
88505
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/12463/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Judith Lloyd. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].