This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST ANNE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST ANNE

List entry Number: 1104436

Location

CHURCH OF ST ANNE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Torridge

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Woolfardisworthy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Jun-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 91288

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOOLFARDISWORTHY BUCKS MILLS SS 32 SE

5/219 Church of St Anne -

- II

Church. Built for the formation of an ecclesiastical parish in 1862 by Mrs Elwes. Stone rubble walls. Gable-ended slate roof. Conical roof to tower. Plan: rectangular plan of nave and chancel with tower projecting on north side and porch on south side. Tower restored 1887. Built in Decorated style. Exterior: simple 1 and 2-light Decorated style windows, 2 on north side and 4 on south side. 2 2-light windows at west end with rose window above. East end has more elaborate 3-light window. Tower projects on north side of chancel/nave division, it is slate hung on its top stage and has 2 2-centred arched doorways on its east side, one on the 1st floor level. Gabled south porch has 2-centred moulded outer and inner arches. The chancel is lower than the nave. Interior: moulded chancel arch. Carved stone pulpit reached by doorway from tower. Arch-braced roof structure of which alternate trusses are raised crucks standing on stone corbels. Simple panelled bench ends.

Listing NGR: SS3492823120

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SS 34928 23120

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104436 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2017 at 07:53:39.

End of official listing