No name for this Entry

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104486
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1958
Statutory Address:
73

Map

Ordnance survey map of No name for this Entry
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104486 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 19:06:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
73

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Clovelly
National Grid Reference:
SS 31797 24842

Details

CLOVELLY CLOVELLY SS 3124

11/53 No 73 20.2.58

GV II

Cottage. Raised plaster datestone on front: "C.H. 1912" for Christine Hamlyn, marking a rebuilding, probably on an earlier site. Roughcast and whitewashed, gable-ended slate roof in 2 sections with wide eaves, roof to left hipped, modillion eaves cornice, brick stack rising at eaves level to the extreme left. Plan : single room depth, central entrance hall with flanking rooms. Exterior: front in 2 sections; the left projects slightly single 2-light casement on the ground floor; the right section of 2 windows, C20 2 and a 3-light casements on first floor with square-paned leaded lights. On the ground floor a square-sided bay window, C20, 36-panes with glazing bars, barley-sugar twists at the corners, frieze of carved and painted wooden fruits from Oberammergau (in Germany), hipped slated hood set over this bay and continuing over the doorway to left, half-glazed door, architrave with further carved wooden fruits, further fruits set on the door. Left return with two 2-light casements with leaded lights; iron lamp bracket supporting a small lantern type light. A barometer in a glass case is set into the wall. At rear a parallel range with a gabled slate roof and an end brick stack; 2 sash windows with glazing bars on the first floor. To rear left a slated lean-to, doorway with plank door with glazed toplights. Interior: not inspected.

Listing NGR: SS3179824840

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
91122
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/12145/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Sid Ellott. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].