HAWKING HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104564
Date first listed:
25-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
HAWKING HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAWKING HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104564 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 00:03:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
HAWKING HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Peters Marland
National Grid Reference:
SS 47837 13480

Details

PETERSMARLAND PETERSMARLAND SS 41 SE 4/32 Hawking headstone approximately 10 - metres south of chancel of Church of St Peter GV II Headstone. Dated 1780 and 1786 to Mary and John Hawking who both died as infants. Slate. Inscribed arch and columns with winged angel's head in each spandrel. Epitaph below.

Listing NGR: SS4783713480

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
91006
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Mar 2006
Reference: IOE01/14958/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Carl Lynn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].