This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DOWN MEMORIAL ABOUT 28M NORTH EAST OF THE NORTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DOWN MEMORIAL ABOUT 28M NORTH EAST OF THE NORTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

List entry Number: 1104632

Location

DOWN MEMORIAL ABOUT 28M NORTH EAST OF THE NORTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Torridge

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Broadwoodwidger

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Jan-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 90761

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROADWOODWIDGER BROADWOODWIDGER SX 48 NW 8/59 Down memorial about 28m north east - of the north east corner of the chancel of the Church of St Nicholas GV II Memorial. Circa 1914. Iron. An iron frame with a triangular head has an inscription panel below a decorative wrought iron cross containing a 3 dimensional iron bell in the centre of the cross. The inscription commemorates James and Gertrude Down, died 1913 and 1914. The triangular head of the memorial is decorated with iron cusps and the arms and head of the cross terminate in fleur de lis. An unusual design and use of material.

Listing NGR: SX4114989196

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 41155 89205

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104632 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2017 at 02:34:01.

End of official listing