96-98, HOLYWELL STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104897
Date first listed:
12-Jan-1954
Statutory Address:
96-98, HOLYWELL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 96-98, HOLYWELL STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104897 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 13:00:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
96-98, HOLYWELL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Oxford (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SP 51883 06492

Details

HOLYWELL STREET 1. 1485 (South Side) Nos 96 to 98 (consec) SP 5106 SE 9/236 12.1.54. II GV 2. Houses. 1 building. C18 3-storeyed roughcast timber-framing on a stuccoed base with cellars. There is a moulded wood eaves cornice, a double modern brown tiled hipped roof and brick stacks. The ground floor has 3-light sash windows, with shutters, over which is a continuous moulded band. In the lst and 2nd floors are sash windows in moulded wood frames,with glazing bars.

All the listed buildings on the South Side form a group.

Listing NGR: SP5188906491

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
245593
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/02384/33
Rights: Copyright IoE S. F. Jamieson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].