THE OLD POLICE STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1104931

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: THE OLD POLICE STATION, BRIDGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD POLICE STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104931 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 03:14:46.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD POLICE STATION, BRIDGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Halton (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 51495 83070

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 58 SW FORMER RUNCORN U.D. BRIDGE STREET (North Side)

5/65 The Old Police Station

II

Former Police Station and Court of Petty Sessions now a Job Creation Centre. 1831 with additions in 1859. Red sandstone facade but mainly in brick with slate roof. 2 storey 4 bays facade with the earlier three bays east set forward. These have entrance flanked by full height Ionic pilasters carrying frieze and modillion pediment. Full rustications up to first floor level, moulded string course. Windows are sashes, those at first floor level with cornices carried on consoles. Modillion cornice with solid parapet, this supports upstand with shaped base and pediment holding clock. left hand bay has twin Ionic pilasters flanking a door with stone carved archi- traves and flat moulded head supported on consoles. Modillion cornice with balustrade parapet. Hipped roof. Red brick addition 1897 and interior of no interest.

Listing NGR: SJ5149583070

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 56022

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing