TURNER HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 35 METRES SOUTH SOUTH WEST OF THE TOWER OF THE CHURCH OF ST GILES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1104993
Date first listed:
16-Feb-1989
Statutory Address:
TURNER HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 35 METRES SOUTH SOUTH WEST OF THE TOWER OF THE CHURCH OF ST GILES

Map

Ordnance survey map of TURNER HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 35 METRES SOUTH SOUTH WEST OF THE TOWER OF THE CHURCH OF ST GILES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1104993 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 03:34:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
TURNER HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 35 METRES SOUTH SOUTH WEST OF THE TOWER OF THE CHURCH OF ST GILES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
St. Giles in the Wood
National Grid Reference:
SS 53296 18928

Details

ST GILES ST GILES IN THE WOOD SS 53 18 IN THE WOOD 18/246 Turner headstone approximately 35 - metres south-south-west of the tower of the Church of St Giles

GV II

Headstone. Dated 1797 in memory of Winifred Turner. Slate. Upright square-headed slab standing approximately 650 millimetres high. The inscription has a frame of a kind of egg and dart pattern. It is inscribed in Roman serif upper and lower case lettering and records the death of Winifred Turner in 1797. The headstone has been repositioned here.

Listing NGR: SS5329618928

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
91857
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/05103/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Barbara Hilton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].