NEW BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1105023
Date first listed:
19-Mar-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
04-Oct-1960
Statutory Address:
NEW BRIDGE, A 316

Map

Ordnance survey map of NEW BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105023 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jul-2019 at 17:29:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
NEW BRIDGE, A 316

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Great Torrington
County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Torrington
National Grid Reference:
SS4997918393

Details

LITTLE TORRINGTON SS 41 NE 6/120

New Bridge

II

Road bridge over River Torridge. 1843-6 built by Lord Rolle. Coursed rubble stone construction. Three massive roundheaded arches with triangular cutwaters low down on piers. Cambered stringcourse and parapet.

The asset was previously listed twice also at List entry 1332965. That entry was removed from the List on 6 February 2017.

This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 6 February 2017.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
91735
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/05085/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Barbara Hilton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].