GATE PIERS TO DUNSLAND HOUSE ON BRANDIS CORNER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1105084

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1989

Statutory Address: GATE PIERS TO DUNSLAND HOUSE ON BRANDIS CORNER, HOLEMOOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATE PIERS TO DUNSLAND HOUSE ON BRANDIS CORNER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105084 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 17:37:52.

Location

Statutory Address: GATE PIERS TO DUNSLAND HOUSE ON BRANDIS CORNER, HOLEMOOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Torridge (District Authority)

Parish: Bradford

National Grid Reference: SS 41586 05217

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRADFORD - SS 40 NW

6/22 Gate piers to Dunsland House on - Brandis Corner - Holemoor Road

- II

Gate piers to the now demolished Dunsland House. Later C17. Stone ashlar used in decreasing sizes towards the top. Projecting cornice with shaped neck supporting large ball finials. Dunsland was a Domesday manor and passed to the Arscotts in 1522 and onto the Bickfords in 1634 who held it in 1817 when it passed to the Cohams and subsequently the Dickinsons. It was rescued by the architect Philip Tilden and became the property of the National Trust who restored it only for it to be damaged by fire and demolished in 1967. These gate piers probably date from the late C17 remodelling of the Tudor house. Source: The National Trust.

Listing NGR: SS4158605217

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 91576

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing