HALSBURY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1105130
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1958
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
HALSBURY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

Map

Ordnance survey map of HALSBURY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105130 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 20:01:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
HALSBURY FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Parkham
National Grid Reference:
SS 41428 21969

Details

PARKHAM SS42SW 6/168 Halsbury Farmhouse 20.2.58 and attached outbuilding (formerly listed as Halsbury Farmhouse) GV. II Farmhouse. 1659 datestone (reset) to wing on right; wing to left altered in early C18. Coursed slatestone rubble; gabled asbestos slate roof, with slate roof to rear; rendered stone ridge stack to left; rendered stone rear lateral stack. L-plan with front right wing: dwelling is contained within main wing to left, which is of 3-unit plan with rear lateral stack to central parlour to right of hall. 2 storeys; 5-window range. Late C19 six-panelled (2 glazed) door set in mid C17 moulded wood architrave. Flat stone arches over C20 windows to right, early/mid C18 twelve-pane sash with thick glazing bars above door, and two early C19 six-pane sashes to left; timber lintel over late C19 horned plate-glass sash to left. Wing projecting to front right, a former outbuilding and now used as a cowhouse: left side wall has doveholes, timber lintels over mid/late C19 three-light casements in blocked doorway, timber lintel over C19 six-pane casement to first floor on left; front wall, of 3-window range, has timber lintel over C20 door, loft door above, C20 window to right and blocked window; 2-storey projecting bay to right. Two C19 outshuts to rear. Interior of house, in range to left: mid C17 chamfered beams to ground-floor rooms on left and to centre, the central room having a mid C17 plaster cornice; room to right has mid C17 ovolo-moulded stone fireplace, mid C18 plaster cornice and quatrefoil-shaped plaster panel to ceiling. First-floor has mid C18 plaster cornice. Cl9 panelled doors: panelled doors with fielded panels are mid C18, including door with C17 S-scroll hinges opposite front door. Roof not inspected. Outbuilding to right has chamfered beams, and C17 joists of large scantling to projection on right.

Listing NGR: SS4142821969

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
91486
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].