PAIR OF HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1105404
Date first listed:
28-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105404 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 06:02:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF HEADSTONES APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH-SOUTH-EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
West Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Peter Tavy
National Park:
DARTMOOR
National Grid Reference:
SX 51338 77764

Details

PETER TAVY PETER TAVY SX 57 NW 9/95 Pair of headstones approximately 7 - metres south-south-east of Church of St Peter GV II

Pair of headstones. Dated 1772 to John and Elizabeth White and 1761 to Elizabeth Rice. Slate. White headstone has shallow nowy head carved with crude figure holding hourglass and scythe. Rice headstone has deep nowy head carved with long case clock flanked by winged angel's head.

Listing NGR: SX5133877764

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
92827
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/03714/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Richards. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].