This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SHELTER ABOUT 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE CHURCH OF ST CONSTANTINE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SHELTER ABOUT 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE CHURCH OF ST CONSTANTINE

List entry Number: 1105523

Location

SHELTER ABOUT 30 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE CHURCH OF ST CONSTANTINE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Milton Abbot

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 07-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 92503

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 47 NW MILTON ABBOT MILTON ABBOT

10/261 Shelter about 30m south west of the - Church of St Constantine

GV II

Shelter. Circa 1910 probably by Sir Edwin lutyens designed for the Duke of Bedford. Greenstone rubble faced with dressed greenstone brought to course. Scantle slate roof swept down to stone corbelled eaves courses. The shelter has a timber lintel carried on plain stone corbels and a timber seat supported on single slates laid on edge. The shelter appears to have been designed in conjunction with the Lutyens cottages to the west and east of the parish church as part of a scheme to rebuild Milton Abbot village centre in 1909 and provide housing for employees of the Bedford Estate. Included for group value. Lutyens, The Hayward Gallery Catalogue to the 1981/82 exhibition.

Listing NGR: SX4067979264

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Arts Council of Great Britain Catalogue' in The Work of the English Architect Sir Edwin Lutyens 1889-1944, (1981)

National Grid Reference: SX 40680 79261

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105523 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2017 at 02:34:30.

End of official listing