BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT BIDLAKE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1105635
Date first listed:
07-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT BIDLAKE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT BIDLAKE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105635 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 07:02:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT BIDLAKE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
West Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Bridestowe
National Grid Reference:
SX 49509 88636

Details

BRIDESTOWE SX 48 NE

11/56 Barn approximately 20 metres east - south-east of Great Bidlake

GV II

Bank barn with attached engine house. Dated 1824. Local stone rubble walls with granite dressings. Hipped slate roof. Rectangular plan of bank barn with row of shippons on ground floor and 2 threshing floors above reached by the higher ground level at the rear and with attached horse- engine house behind the left-hand end. 2 storeys. Symmetrical front with 2 large doorways on the 1st floor to the threshing floors to left and right of centre with elliptical stone arches. Alternating with these doorways are 3 circular pitching holes the central one of which incorporates a date-stone of 1824. There were originally 7 doorways on the ground floor with elliptical stone arches, 4 of these however have been converted to windows. Row of pigeon-holes below the eaves. Open-sided semi-octagonal horse- engine house at rear of left end.

Listing NGR: SX4950988636

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
94299
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].