THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1105672

Date first listed: 04-May-1994

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105672 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 07:57:43.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Basingstoke and Deane (District Authority)

Parish: East Woodhay

National Grid Reference: SU 40554 61632

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added: EAST WOODHAY SU46SW The Old Rectory

184-0/1/10003 II Rectory; now a private house. Circa 1828, possibly by Richard Billing II, of Billing and Son of Reading, who rebuilt the Parish church in 1823. Red brick in Flemish bond with stone dressings. Plain tiled hipped roof behind parapet. Brick axial stacks with triple shafts and yellow clay pots. PLAN: double-depth plan with cental entrance at front and short wing projecting at rear of left [SW] side, possibly a truncated service wing. Tudor/Gothic style. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. 3-bay south east front: symmetrical but for canted bay window on ground floor left. Moulded stone weathering to plinth and parapet with stone coping and moulded stone cornice; windows in chamfered stone frames with hoodmoulds.2-light sashes, each with 8 panes and 4 centered arch heads; similiar but larger 3 light sash on right of ground floor and canted bay window on left with same sashes. Centre recessed porch in slight projection with moulded stone cornice and weathering and moulded stone 4 centred arch with cusped spandrels and label; Tudor arch half glazed double doors set back inside porch. The other elevations have similar fenestration. Right [NE] side: 2 bays, right hand bay breaks foreward and has large stuccoed canted bay window. Rear [NW] 1:3 bays, the left breaks forward and has gable with recessed cross. South west side has short gabled wing on left [possibly truncated service wing] and porch in the angle. INTERIOR not inspected. INCLUDING Small single storey circa early C19 stables and coach house immediately south west and facing each other across a small courtyard; brick with tiled roofs; stables have hipped roof, axial stack and gabled midstrey at centre with double doors and at SE end centre plank door flanked by 8 pane windows; coach house has gable-ended roof with stone kneelers, 2 double doors on left, blind window on right and 2 light sash with glazing bars on SE end; interiors not inspected.

Listing NGR: SU4180861094

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 354782

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing