CHURCH OF OUR LADY AND ST MARY MAGDALENE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1105836

Date first listed: 07-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF OUR LADY AND ST MARY MAGDALENE, CALLINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF OUR LADY AND ST MARY MAGDALENE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105836 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 00:47:03.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF OUR LADY AND ST MARY MAGDALENE, CALLINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Tavistock

National Grid Reference: SX 47468 73929

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for:-

SX 47 SE TAVISTOCK CALLINGTON ROAD

2/30 Church of Our Lady and St Mary Magdalene (formerly listed as Fitsford Church)

7.9.51 II

the entry shall be amended to read as follows:

SX 47 SE TAVISTOCK CALLINGTON ROAD

2/30 Church of. Our Lady and St Mary Magdalene (formerly listed as Fitsford Church)

7.9.51 11* (Star)

------------------------------------

1. 5185 CALLINGTON ROAD Church of Our Lady Church of Our Lady and St Mary Magdalene (formerly listed as Fitsford Church) SX 47 SE 2/30 7.9.51

II

2. Roman Catholic Church. Designed by Henry Clutton 1865 and the gift of the Duke of Bedford. Large Neo-Transitional Style building of Hurdwick stone with slate roofs. Nave with lower chancel. Clerestorey, transepts and almost isolated South- West tower with spire and crockets and porch below with iron gate of intersecting circles. Plain interior. Nave has 5 round-headed arches. Stone circular lectern with pattern of intersecting circles. Important hillside position.

Listing NGR: SX4746873929

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 93411

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing