YEO FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1105891
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
YEO FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of YEO FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105891 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 14:54:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
YEO FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Mid Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Halberton
National Grid Reference:
ST 03368 12445

Details

HALBERTON ST 01 SW 2/179 Yeo Farmhouse - - II Farmhouse. C17, substantially altered in 1723, and again at various later stages. Cob, stone plinth, plastered under steeply pitched gabled end thatched roof, which forms a catslide over continuous rear outshut. Symmetrical 2-room double-depth plan that retains the through-passage but now containing the stairs. External end stacks, that to the right-hand end dated 1723. 2-storeys. Front: 3-window range, but with 1 larger blocked window to first floor; all C20 two- light casement windows; wide central planked door under barred rectangular fanlight. C20 two-light windows to end elevations (with small garret leaded window) and rear. One 3-light window to rear with ovolo moulded mullions and surrounds. Interior: right hand room with chamfered cross beam that splays markedly to rear, with run-out stops; fireplace with chamfered lintel with hollow step stops. Very wide central passage; left hand room with boxed beam. Roof: 4 trusses; apex morticed and pegged, collars halved and pegged; purlins and battening; all looks C18, perhaps 1723.

Listing NGR: ST0336812445

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
95366
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04951/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Sheila Haycox. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].