DEWSMOOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1105978
Date first listed:
20-May-1985
Statutory Address:
DEWSMOOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of DEWSMOOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105978 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 00:41:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
DEWSMOOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Mid Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Crediton Hamlets
National Grid Reference:
SS 81022 01216

Details

SS 80 SW CREDITON HAMLET

3/63 Dewsmoor

II

House, originally 2 cottages. Late C17, extended in 1856 and C20. Plastered cob on rubble footings with C20 blockwork; cob or rubble stack topped with C20 brick; thatched roofs. Originally a pair of 1-room cottages facing south with mirror plans about central cob dividing wall. Single room extension of 1856 to rear of right (east) cottage under parallel roof and C20 single bay extension to left (west). 2 storeys. Overall 5-window front. Door with thatched porch and 2 windows above belong to C20 extension. Remaining 3 windows to original cottages are wooden casements with glazing bars, C19 to ground floor, C20 to first. Glazed door right of centre in original position and adjacent door to left now blocked with window. Central first floor window intruded in C20. Roof hipped each end and was so before extension. Rear block dated by iron rainwater head in angle of wings which bears date 1856 and Star of David motif. Inside original rooms have axial crossbeams, chamfered with straight cut stops and remains of diagonal corner fireplaces sharing same stack to rear. 4-bay roof is original with A-frame trusses with pegged lap-jointed collars.

Listing NGR: SS8102201216

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
95164
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04477/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ken Saunders. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].