This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NORRISH CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH-EAST OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NORRISH CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH-EAST OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

List entry Number: 1105986

Location

NORRISH CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH-EAST OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, DRAYDOWN HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Spreyton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Mar-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 95079

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 69 NE SPREYTON DRAYDOWN HILL, Spreyton

1/271 Norrish chest tomb approximately 10 metres north-east of aisle of Church of St Michael GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1843 in memory of Mary Norrish. Limestone. Rectangular in plan with moulded plinth and soffit-moulded flat lid each long side is divided into 2 bays by a plain flat pilaster and each corner has a similar clasping pilaster. The left panel on the south side is inscribed with plain capitals and records the death of Mary Norrish of Fuidge in 1843. The other panels are also inscribed with plain capitals and record the deaths of a succession of the family down to 1916. It is surrounded by low granite coping stones with the sockets for cast iron boundary railings.

Listing NGR: SX6975696749

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 69756 96749

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1105986 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2017 at 04:59:32.

End of official listing