This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CITY OF NEWCASTLE EMPLOYEES CLUB

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CITY OF NEWCASTLE EMPLOYEES CLUB

List entry Number: 1106254

Location

CITY OF NEWCASTLE EMPLOYEES CLUB, NORTHUMBERLAND ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Newcastle upon Tyne

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 304755

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 2564 NW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NORTHUMBERLAND ROAD (south side) 17/626 City of Newcastle Employees Club G.V. II Army, riding school; now club. 1849, attributed to John Dobson, for the Northumberland Yeomanry. English garden wall bond brick with ashlar plinth and dressings; Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Pedimented gable end to street contains 3 tall arched recesses with long keystones, the central projecting into blind stone roundel to stone-arched heads. Flat stone sills and surrounds to ground-floor windows and transomed first-floor round-headed windows, the transoms forming recessed sections of cornice. Central windows paired, with stone mullion. Source: H. Pease History of the Northumberland Yeomanry (Hussars) 1924, p.12

Listing NGR: NZ2505164756

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pease, H , History of the Northumberland Yeomanry, (1924), 12

National Grid Reference: NZ 25051 64756

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106254 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2017 at 04:49:30.

End of official listing