KENTISBEARE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1106533
Date first listed:
15-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
KENTISBEARE HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of KENTISBEARE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jul-2019 at 11:52:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
KENTISBEARE HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Mid Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Kentisbeare
National Grid Reference:
ST 06479 07540

Details

ST 00 NE KENTISBEARE 8/80 Kentisbeare House - II Detached house, formerly Kentisbeare parsonage. Built 1841 to the designs of James Thomas Knowles, senior, enlarged 1855. Rendered stone; hipped slate roof with deeply overhanging eaves. Central staircase double-depth plan house, with the south facing principal rooms to the right of the main entrance hall, and the service rooms to the left. The addition to rear, opposite entrance front, comprises 2 main rooms to ground floor, and 3 rooms above. Paired internal lateral stacks. 2 storeys. Exterior Entrance front: symmetrical 3 window range; 12 pane hornless sash windows to first floor; small 2 light horned sash window to either side of central doorway, the entablature with modillion cornice and plain pilasters. Plat band extends around the entire building. Garden front (south west): symmetrical 4 window range; 12 pane hornless sash windows to both floors. The 1855 extension to the right is recessed from the garden front; the exposed part of the south east wall of the older range with a round headed ground floor window and C20 casement window above. Extension itself with a slightly asymmetrical 3-window south east front with 12 pane

Listing NGR: ST0647907540

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
95735
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].