RAYMONT HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1106597
Date first listed:
15-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
RAYMONT HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAYMONT HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106597 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 22:03:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
RAYMONT HEADSTONE APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MATTHEW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Mid Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Coldridge
National Grid Reference:
SS 69854 07636

Details

COLDRIDGE COLDRIDGE SS 60 NE 1/23 Raymont headstone approximately - 6 metres south of south aisle of Church of St Matthew - II

Headstone. Circa 1821 in memory of brother and sister Richard and Damaris Raymont and signed by Howell. Slate. Upright slab standing approximately 1 metre high with flat top and upper concave corners. A slight recessed design at the top gives the front 2 adjoining tablet-shaped plaques. On each the first word is in Gothic lettering and is continued with upper and lower case Roman serif capitals. The left tablet in memory of Damaris (died 1821) and the right in memory of Richard (died 1820). The top panel is decorated with florettes around a small central vase.

Listing NGR: SS6985407633

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
95575
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/13826/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].