COURTYARD RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS CIRCA 15 METRES NORTH OF, AND ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD TO KILLINGTON FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1106775

Date first listed: 09-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: COURTYARD RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS CIRCA 15 METRES NORTH OF, AND ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD TO KILLINGTON FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of COURTYARD RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS CIRCA 15 METRES NORTH OF, AND ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD TO KILLINGTON FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106775 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 20:24:23.

Location

Statutory Address: COURTYARD RANGE OF FARMBUILDINGS CIRCA 15 METRES NORTH OF, AND ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD TO KILLINGTON FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: North Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Martinhoe

National Park: EXMOOR

National Grid Reference: SS6671246483

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MARTINHOE SS 64 NE 3/107 Courtyard range of farmbuildings circa 15 metres north of, and on opposite site of road to Killington Farm II Courtyard range of farmbuildings, comprising barn with granary loft, stables, shippon and piggeries. 1873 by datestone. Unrendered stone rubble with brick dressings. Slate roofs with gable ends. 4-sided planned courtyard range of farmbuildings with barn and granary loft to rear, with cart entrance to left side, lofted shippons and stables forming the gable-ended wings to each side, and single storey piggeries and loose-box to each side of narrow gated front entrance. Barn has external stone steps to loft plank door with gabled slate roof. Slate dateplaque to left, initially and dated 1873. Slightly cambered brick arch to cart entrance with double plank doors. Shippons and stables have plank doors with slightly cambered brick arches, and loft doors over. Piggery fittings intact including original feeding doors in outer wall. The entire courtyard range is remarkable unspoilt, retains its cobbled yard, and occupies a prominent roadside position.

Listing NGR: SS6671246483

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 97085

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing