NUMBER 1 BROOK VILLAS AND ADJOINING WORKSHOP

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107215
Date first listed:
30-May-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Jul-1980
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 1 BROOK VILLAS AND ADJOINING WORKSHOP, 1, BREWERY LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 1 BROOK VILLAS AND ADJOINING WORKSHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107215 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 07:40:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 1 BROOK VILLAS AND ADJOINING WORKSHOP, 1, BREWERY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Nailsworth
National Grid Reference:
ST 84843 99344

Details

BREWERY LANE 1. 5227 No 1 Brook Villas and adjoining workshop [formerly listed as Johnson's Mill (Eastern portion)] ST 8499 6/42 30.5.51 II GV 2. Circa 1820. Two storeys. Coursed and dressed rubble with Cotswold stone roof. Three windows, casements, outer first floor windows have exaggerated ogee heads, keyed porthole windows in centre. Two light mullion windows on ground floor with square heads. Central 6-panel door in large rusticated surround. Projecting 2 storey gabled wing to left with band over ground floor, central cusped panel. Gable end has Tudor arch panel above keyed porthole window. Arched rusticated opening on first floor with date in keystone and modern doors. Modern entrance on ground floor.

Listing NGR: ST8484799342

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
354642
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Apr 2004
Reference: IOE01/11659/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Jennie Anderson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].