STIPPADON

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107362
Date first listed:
27-May-1986
Statutory Address:
STIPPADON

Map

Ordnance survey map of STIPPADON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107362 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 09:19:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
STIPPADON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
South Hams (District Authority)
Parish:
South Brent
National Park:
DARTMOOR
National Grid Reference:
SX 70858 62220

Details

SOUTH BRENT SX 76 SW

6/69 Stippadon - - II

Farmhouse. C16 or early C17, the lower (north east) end rebuilt in 1820. Stone rubble. Slate roof with gabled ends. Right hand lower end has higher roof level. Originally probably a three room and cross or through passage plan with early C19 rebuilt lower end, and wing at right angles at higher end demolished. Axial stack probably originally at lower end of hall and stack at lower end of rebuilt part. Two storeys. Long three window range. The rebuilt right hand end has sash windows with glazing bars and central doorway with lintel inscribed "T H 1820", and flush panel door. The left hand end has casements, wide plank door and stone porch at junction, in front of axial stack forming baffle entry. At right angles to left hand a projecting wing has been demolished leaving a rendered gable end with C20 casements and door. Interior: Doorway from lobby to lower end of hall has ovolo moulded timber frame with carved stops cut off. Lintel over hall fireplace renewed. Hall ceiling beam plastered over. Solid wall between hall and inner room with heavy timber door frame with later frame inserted. Chamfered doorframe on first floor. Three (or more) roof trusses over higher end and hall with side-pegged lap-jointed apices and side-pegged collars. Mortices for two tiers of threaded purlins, purlins and rafters missing.

Listing NGR: SX7085862220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
99348
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/09233/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Keith Mackenzie. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].