This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1107402

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Sparkwell

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 02-Feb-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 99239

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 55 NE SPARKVELL SPARKWELL 10/131 Church of All Saints

II

Parish Church. 1858/9. Chancel and of 1907 by Edmund Sedding. Stone rubble with freestone dressings and slate roofs. Chancel rock-faced stone. Early English Decorated style. Nave with 2-light Decorated windows and lancets. Small bell-tower of south-west corner of nave with wooden bellcot with spire. South chapel with 3-light geometric traceried south window. Gabled south porch with double-chamfered 2-centred arch and buttresses with set-offs. Chancel has 3-light geometric traceried east window and lancer on south side reused from original 1858-9 chancel. Also paired lancets of 1907 on south side. on north side of chancel. Interior: Carved traceried timber screen dated 1888 and carved timber reredos and pulpit.

Listing NGR: SX5790057799

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 57900 57799

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107402 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2017 at 01:06:31.

End of official listing