BRAYFORD BAPTIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107556
Date first listed:
13-May-1987
Statutory Address:
BRAYFORD BAPTIST CHAPEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRAYFORD BAPTIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107556 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 23:07:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
BRAYFORD BAPTIST CHAPEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Brayford
National Grid Reference:
SS 68651 34732

Details

BRAYFORD BRAYFORD SS 63 SE 3/7 Brayford Baptist Chapel - GV II

Baptist Chapel. 1820 by date plaque extended 1924. Rendered stone rubble extension snecked stone rubble with brick dressings. Slate roof. Rectangular on plan. Single-storey. 2 large round-arched windows on south side with plank door to left. North wall facing road is blank except for reset circular stone tablet with inscription 'Baptist Chapel 1820'. C20 interior furnishings. Wall monument on north side to Joseph and Mary Gould and John Winger, founders of Brayford Baptist Church and also to Rev-V Cutcliff, 44 years pastor, erected 1901. The Baptist Chapel is the oldest in North Devon. D Thompson. 'A Book of Remembrance Baptist Churches in North Devon' 1885.

Listing NGR: SS6865134732

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
98889
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Thompson, D , A Book of Remembrance Baptist Churches in North Devon, (1885)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jun 2003
Reference: IOE01/09774/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Ireland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].