FRY HEADSTONE C10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CORNER OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107584
Date first listed:
29-May-1986
Statutory Address:
FRY HEADSTONE C10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CORNER OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRY HEADSTONE C10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CORNER OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107584 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 10:34:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
FRY HEADSTONE C10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CORNER OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Westleigh
National Grid Reference:
SS 47235 28636

Details

WESTLEIGH WESTLEIGH SS 42 NE 3/133 Fry headstone c. 10 metres south- west corner of west tower of Church of St Peter GV II Headstone. 1817. Slate. Straight-headed with incised cable moulding to the border. Inscription: In memory of John Fry of this parish, who was unfortunately scorch'd in a Limekiln of which fatal Accident he died on the 4th of August 1817 Aged 28 leaving a beloved Wife and three Children to lament his untimely death. Also recorded are the deaths of his wife, who was remarried to John Slooman, died 1856, and John Slooman himself who died 1861.

Listing NGR: SS4723228638

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
98857
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/06724/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Godfrey-Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].