UNITED REFORM CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107649
Date first listed:
29-May-1986
Statutory Address:
UNITED REFORM CHURCH, BICKINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNITED REFORM CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107649 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 04:25:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
UNITED REFORM CHURCH, BICKINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Fremington
National Grid Reference:
SS 53491 32476

Details

FREMINGTON BICKINGTON ROAD (north side), SS 53 SW Bickington 2/15 United Reform Church II

Nonconformist chapel. 1835 restored 1896. Painted stucco with quoins. Slate roof, hipped to front end, gable end to rear. Rectangular on plan with end entrance lobby. Single storey with 2 storey entrance front. 3 bays, symmetrical. Semi-circular arched windows with moulded sills and arched glazing bars under continuous hoodmoulds. Central round arched doorway with blind fanlight and C20 door. Rectangular plaque on small brackets over doorway. Single opposing round arched windows to each side. Interior: Bowed entrance lobby with 6 panelled doors to each side, the upper 2 panels glazed. Late C19 furnishings with turned balusters to moulded communion handrail and decorative wrought iron rostrum railings. West end gallery does not survive.

Listing NGR: SS5349132476

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
98723
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10316/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].