CHURCHYARD CROSS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF WEST TOWER OF HEANTON PUNCHARDON PARISH CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107744
Date first listed:
14-Nov-1985
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF WEST TOWER OF HEANTON PUNCHARDON PARISH CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD CROSS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF WEST TOWER OF HEANTON PUNCHARDON PARISH CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107744 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 12:35:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF WEST TOWER OF HEANTON PUNCHARDON PARISH CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Heanton Punchardon
National Grid Reference:
SS 50197 35558

Details

SS 53 NW 8/188

HEANTON PUNCHARDON Churchyard cross approximately 20 metres south of west tower of Heanton Punchardon Parish Church

GV II Churchyard Cross, possibly Celtic in origin, reset 1903, granite. Cross about 1½ metres tall in square granite base. Weathered, almost oval-shaped head. Cross carved in low relief on one face only. Brought from Cornwall to rest on grave of Sir William R Williams, Bart of Upcott, died 16th May 1903. Forms pair with other churchyard cross (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SS5019735558

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
98437
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/13142/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Warlow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].