CHRIST CHURCH (BAPTIST METHODIST UNITED REFORM CHURCH)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1107892

Date first listed: 17-Jul-1980

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Jul-1981

Statutory Address: CHRIST CHURCH (BAPTIST METHODIST UNITED REFORM CHURCH), NEWMARKET ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHRIST CHURCH (BAPTIST METHODIST UNITED REFORM CHURCH)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107892 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 14:54:23.

Location

Statutory Address: CHRIST CHURCH (BAPTIST METHODIST UNITED REFORM CHURCH), NEWMARKET ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Nailsworth

National Grid Reference: ST 84682 99508

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for NEWMARKET ROAD United reformed Church (Christ Church)

The address shall be.amended to read 6/106 NEWMARKET ROAD Christ Church (Baptist - Methodist United Reform Church)

------------------------------------

NEWMARKET ROAD 1. 5227 United Reformed Church (Christ Church) ST 8499 6/106 II 2. Removed to this site 1881. Known as Shortwood Chapel. Large pedimented gable to front in classical style. Two storeys. Coursed and dressed rubble with ashlar dressings. Four pilasters with fluted capping, modillion cornice. Pediment opened by arched window, with sub-Venetian tracery, in centre of first floor. Three bays, segment headed windows with marginal glazing, architraves, ground floor with cornices, first floor cill band. Arched entrance with panelled spandrels, recess for doorway. Seven bay vessel. Tablet to left of entrance inscribed with Chapel's history (originally (1716) in Shortwood).

Listing NGR: ST8468299508

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 354681

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing