STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF DUNDRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1108244

Date first listed: 26-Apr-1993

Statutory Address: STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF DUNDRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF DUNDRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 16:59:17.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLES AND COACH HOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES NORTH NORTH WEST OF DUNDRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams (District Authority)

Parish: Harberton

National Grid Reference: SX 78273 58357

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HARBERTON SX75NE Stables and coach 5/356 house about 40 metres NNW of Dundridge

GV II

Stables and coach house to Dundridge. Circa 1830 stables with coach house and stable extension date 1891 possibly by W H Tollit. Rendered stone rubble with slate roofs. The 1891 coach house extension has red and yellow brick dressings. Plan: L-shaped on plan formed by addition of coach house at range angles to original stables. Exterior: Original stable range has 2-storey centre with pedimental gable end to south west. At either side on outshut with lunettes in the clerestorey above containing small hatches to hay loft. Round headed windows in gable end. The extension at right angles has wide gabled end to south east with red brick elliptical arch to carriageway and Venetian window about with the central red brick and flanking white brick pilasters to side lights. The gable has moulded white brick verges and finial at apex, and a timber cupola bellcote with pilasters to splayed corner, cornice and shallow ogee dome with weathervane. Interior of coach house extension; the carriage entrance leads to central coach house with arch-braced timber roof with central roof light at ridge. Access to stables either side through brick doorways. The stables have complete set of iron and timber stalls. The original stables also has access from coach house, and has complete range of circa 1891 stalls.

Listing NGR: SX7827358357

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 101263

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing