PAIR OF GATE PIERS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF DARTINGTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108326
Date first listed:
26-Apr-1993
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF GATE PIERS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF DARTINGTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF GATE PIERS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF DARTINGTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108326 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 14:05:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF GATE PIERS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF DARTINGTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
South Hams (District Authority)
Parish:
Dartington
National Grid Reference:
SX 78657 62126

Details

DARTINGTON SHINNER'S BRIDGE SX7862 - SX7962 Pair of Gate-Piers immediately S of 12/148 Dartington Church of England Primary School

II

Pair of gate-piers to playground entrance of Dartington Church of England Primary School qv. Circa 1860-70, fountain added in 1902. Dressed random grey Devonian limestone with moulded stone caps. Square on plan. the left-hand pier incorporates a fountain which consists of 2 round-headed niches, one over the other the top one had a basin and originally a water spout. Above the fountain a plaque inscribed "The fountain was erected by the Parishioners of Dartington to commemorate the Coronation of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra 1902".

Listing NGR: SX7865762126

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
101062
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07551/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Russell J Stephens. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].