LOWER YEATSON

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1108400

Date first listed: 26-Apr-1993

Statutory Address: LOWER YEATSON

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER YEATSON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 04:37:49.

Location

Statutory Address: LOWER YEATSON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams (District Authority)

Parish: Ashprington

National Grid Reference: SX 80914 56426

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASHPRINGTON BOW SX85NW 6/35 Lower Yeatson

II

Farmhouse. Dated 1833. Local stone rubble with red brick window dressings. Scantle slate roof with gabled ends and deep eaves at the front. Brick stacks over the gable ends. Plan: Double depth plan with 2 principal front rooms and a narrow entrance hall at the centre leading to the stairs at the back. The services are in rooms at the back behind the principal rooms. Exterior: 2 storeys and attic. Symmetrical 3-bay front with original 16-pane sashed with flat red brick arches and jambs and stone sills. Central doorway with C19 glazed and panelled door in a moulded frame, and a C20 glazed porch set on a flight of slate steps. At the rear an original central round-headed stair window; is is a sash with radial glazing bars in the head; and original 3-light casement windows with glazing bars. The left hand gable end has a round attic window with radiating glazing bars. Interior: Only the hall was inspected . It has a deeply moulded ceiling cornice and 6-panel doors. The staircase at the back has stick balusters and a moulded mahogany handrail. A mould plaster panel over the stair window is inscribed "Thomas Edmonds 1833". Kelly's Directory of 1856 lists Thomas Hunt Edmonds of Fore Street, Totnes as a solicitor. He appears to have built Lower Yeatson when upgrading Yeatson House (qv) for his own use.

Listing NGR: SX8091456426

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 100944

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory, (1856)

End of official listing