BOLBERRY HOUSE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108482
Date first listed:
19-Feb-1990
Statutory Address:
BOLBERRY HOUSE FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOLBERRY HOUSE FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108482 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 07:19:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOLBERRY HOUSE FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
South Hams (District Authority)
Parish:
Malborough
National Grid Reference:
SX 69137 39298

Details

MALBOROUGH BOLBERRY SX 63 NE 7/40 Bolberry House Farm II

Farmhouse. Circa 1840 - 1860 with later C19 and C20 additions. Stone rubble walls, stuccoed at the front. Slate roof, hipped to left-hand end, gabled to cross wing. 3 brick stacks, one to each end and one between the main range and cross wing. Plan: main range is probably double depth and 2 rooms wide, service rooms at the rear, with a cross wing at the right-hand end which incorporates an entrance passage to one side. C19 and C20 extensions built at the rear. Exterior: 2 storeys with attic. 3 : 1 window front with cross wing at right-hand end. Symmetrically arranged 16-pane horned sashes on first floor of left-hand range with 20-pane sashes below. Central C20 glazed door. Dentilled eaves cornice. Cross wing projects slightly with tripartite 16-pane sash on first floor and canted bay sash window below. Single roundheaded attic light. Doorway to left side of bay window is also roundheaded with a rusticated surround and 4-panel door. Leanto at rear and left end with C20 addition between. Interior: not inspected but may contain original joinery such as panelled doors, shutters and staircase.

Listing NGR: SX6913739298

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
100736
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].