This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HILL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HILL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1108533

Location

HILL HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Staverton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-May-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 100649

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 76 NE STAVERTON LANDSCOVE

2/104 Hill House

-

- II

Former vicarage, now a private house. Circa 1850. Possibly designed by J L Pearson who designed the Church of St Matthew qv in 1849-50. Tudor style. Stone rubble with stone dressings and later rendering. South west side has later slate hanging. Slate roof with stone-coped gables with small stone finials. Asymmetrical plan and elevations. Two storeys. North east entrance front has twin-gabled wing to right hand with stack on the larger gable with set-offs and chamfered two-centred arch doorway to side. Large 4-centred arch stair window in wing to right and stack on the corner also with set-offs. Two gables to south east front with a stack rising from the side of the smaller gable. Slate hung south west side with 2 gables and an external stack to left-hand with set-offs. Stone mullion - transom windows with 4-centred arch lights and iron casements with leaded panes. Contemporary interior including staircase and stonechimney-pieces with depressed moulded two-centred arches. Formerly the home of Edward Hyams, C20 gardener, who planted this garden.

Listing NGR: SX7745266455

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 77452 66455

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2017 at 04:59:41.

End of official listing