This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

KENNELS TO LUPTON HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: KENNELS TO LUPTON HOUSE

List entry Number: 1108550

Location

KENNELS TO LUPTON HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Kingswear

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-May-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 100584

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 85 SE KINGSWEAR LUPTON PARK

9/40 Kennels to Lupton House

- II

Kennels to Lupton House qv Brixham, Torbay. Circa 1850. Possibly designed by George Wightwick. Local grey marble (limestone) ashlar. Slate roof with stone- coped gable ends, with diagonally set square pinnacles with moulded caps. One storey. Gabled at centre with moulded coping and tall octagonal pinnacle sup- ported on a corbel in the form of a hound's head. Central two-centre arch carriageway. Either side three-light stone mullion window with leaded panes and square-headed lancets. Single-storey ranges at rear, built around four sides of a yard, with lancets, trefoil opening and shallow buttresses. Lupton House was altered by George Wightwick in circa 1840 and the kennels may have been de- signed by him at that time. Reference: H Colvin, Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, pages 888 to 890.

Listing NGR: SX8968454186

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Colvin, H M, A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840, (1978), 888-890

National Grid Reference: SX 89684 54186

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108550 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2017 at 02:34:22.

End of official listing