This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WEEK

List entry Number: 1108575



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Berry Pomeroy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 09-Feb-1961

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 100541

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



5/4 Week



Small house reduced in size and now derelict. Circa C16, date 1584 on interior plasterwork now removed. Stone rubble. Scantle slate roof with gabled ends and gabled to left of south-east front. Originally L-shaped on plan but the south wing has been replaced by an adjoining linhay q.v. South east front has two plain doorway and a two-light hollow-chamfered stone mullion window on right- hand to each floor; the ground floor has large relieving arch over. Similar window at rear and similar but single-light window in north-east gable end. Stone chimney stacks at gable ends. The roof is sagging and is in state of collapse at the south-west end. Queen strut and tie beam roof. Inside the floor has fallen in at the south-west end; there are ovolo moulded ceiling beams and joists lying on the floor. The chamfered ceiling beam in the north-east room is still in position. The moulded plaster heraldic achievement with date 1584 below has been removed from first floor room and deposited in Totnes Museum. .

Listing NGR: SX8390261368

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 83902 61368


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108575 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 11:02:20.

End of official listing