This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD PUSLINCH FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD PUSLINCH FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1108579

Location

BARN APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD PUSLINCH FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Newton and Noss

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 02-Jun-1977

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 100447

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 55 SE NEWTON AND NOSS 4/167 2/6/77 Barn approximately 45 metres south west of Old Puslinch Farmhouse

GV II

Barn. Circa C16-17. Stone rubble. Bitumenised slate hipped roof. Originally two storeys, most of the floor having been removed. Small segmental arched openings to west side of ground floor with loft door above. The north end has wide ground floor doorway with stopped chamfer wooden lintel. The east side has external stone stairs to loft door with slated hood over, and ventilation slits, two at ground floor level, one of which has round arched head and the other cut through one stone and with pointed head. Barn doorway at south end at higher ground level. The roof trusses are C20. Sometimes known as the chapel, but this former use is unfounded. It is said to be on the site of a chapel licensed in 1405 and dedicated to St Toby. Transactions of the Devonshire Association 75, 1943, 97.

Listing NGR: SX5676150899

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Transactions of Devonshire Association' in Transactions of Devonshire Association, , Vol. 75, (1943), 97

National Grid Reference: SX 56761 50899

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108579 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2017 at 12:59:48.

End of official listing