CROWN AND ANCHOR PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108635
Date first listed:
27-Oct-1950
Statutory Address:
CROWN AND ANCHOR PUBLIC HOUSE, WEST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CROWN AND ANCHOR PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108635 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 06:14:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
CROWN AND ANCHOR PUBLIC HOUSE, WEST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
North Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Blandford Forum
National Grid Reference:
ST 88395 06244

Details

1. 865 WEST STREET (South Side) Crown and Anchor Public House ST 8806 1/119 27.lO.50.

II GV

2. Post 1731. Corner house, 3-storey 5-window, with 1 window on the splayed angle. The structure is evidently of early C18 dated and has sash windows with segmental heads; 2 gable windows on 2nd floor. Coved cornice. Later stucco, applied half-timbering and eaves fascia.

Nos 1 to 11 (odd) and Crown and Anchor Public House form a group.



Listing NGR: ST8839506244

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
102278
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Apr 2001
Reference: IOE01/03899/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr JE Leeson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].