9, THE KNAPP

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108710
Date first listed:
15-Oct-1973
Statutory Address:
9, THE KNAPP

Map

Ordnance survey map of 9, THE KNAPP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108710.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 05:42:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
9, THE KNAPP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
North Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Shaftesbury
National Grid Reference:
ST 85823 23102

Details

1. 1615 THE KNAPP, ENM0RE GREEN (North bide) No 9 ST 8523 4/220 II GV 2. Circa 1800. 2 storey block, 3 bays facing west; 2 bays facing on to the Knapp. Plain tile roof with hip in south-west corner; brick stacks, one at east gable end with capping. Painted stone rubble and ashlar front. 2-light easement windows with small panes; 3-light windows below. Modern door and porch on west side.

Nos 7 and 9 form a group with Nos 2 and 4, 3 and 5, Saro Cottage and outbuilding between No 5 and Saro Cottage, Sally Kings Lane.

Listing NGR: ST8582323102

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
102065
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/15481/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Duncan Miller. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].