ST CLEMENT'S SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1108818

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1976

Statutory Address: ST CLEMENT'S SCHOOL, ST CLEMENT'S ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST CLEMENT'S SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108818 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:34:04.

Location

Statutory Address: ST CLEMENT'S SCHOOL, ST CLEMENT'S ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bournemouth (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SZ 10786 92146

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5186 ST CLEMENT'S ROAD (South Side) St Clement's School SZ l092 23/218

II GV

2. Mostly by J D Sedding, 1976-7, in Norman Shaw's Dutch style. 2 big shaped gables, each with 3 tall segment-headed windows, lower centre with shaped gable to round-archer porch (segmentally pedimented niche), flanked by stone-mullioned windows. Gabled window beyond, right-hand gable dated 1897. Behind left-hand gable survives pre-Sedding schoolroom (circa 1870), buff brick with 3-light Geometrical window of stone tracery under red-and-blue voussoirs, sexfoil roundel over. Sedding's centre has glazed timber cloister with segment-headed openings towards playground. Almost detached utilitarian wing to north-east.

Church of St Clement, with Churchyard Cross and Graves, Vicarage Walls, St Clement School, Schoolhouse and No l2A, form a group.

Listing NGR: SZ1078192155

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 101835

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing