STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF BULL FARMHOUSE, HIGHAM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108893
Date first listed:
31-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF BULL FARMHOUSE, HIGHAM, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF BULL FARMHOUSE, HIGHAM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108893 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 11:03:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF BULL FARMHOUSE, HIGHAM, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
North East Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Shirland and Higham
National Grid Reference:
SK 39058 59167

Details

PARISH OF SHIRLAND & HIGHAM MAIN ROAD 38/39 58 38/39 59 6/50 (East Side) Stable Block to east of Bull Farmhouse, Higham GV II Stable block. 1846. Coursed, squared sandstone with gritstone dressings. Steeply pitched, asbestos sheet roof to west, slate roof to east. Moulded stone coped gables and kneelers. Two storeys, six bays, four four-centred arched doors to north with small four-centred arched windows to south side of each. To south, two adjoining segmental arches. All fenestration small pane fixed windows. Glazed plank doors. North gable has plaque inscribed 'GT AD 1846'. Included for group value only.

Listing NGR: SK3905859167

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79438
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14574/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John G Hinchcliffe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].