CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1108900
Date first listed:
29-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PAUL, CHURCHSIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1108900.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2019 at 19:37:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PAUL, CHURCHSIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
North East Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Grassmoor, Hasland and Winswick
National Grid Reference:
SK 39716 68556

Details

SK 36 NE PARISH OF GRASSMOOR, CHURCHSIDE 2/3 HASLAND AND WINSICK (East Side) Church of St Paul II

Church. 1850 by T.C.Hine. North aisle added in 1866. Coursed sandstone with sandstone dressings. Welsh slate roofs with stone coped gables and a tall, gabled west bell turret. Nave with south porch; north aisle, north vestry and chancel. Decorated Style. South elevation with three pairs of trefoil headed 2-light windows and a steep gabled porch with double chamfered doorway and panelled double doors. North side with two similar windows and a C20 extension. West elevation with a 2-light window within a pointed arch with trefoiled lights and a quatrefoil above. Set within a projecting feature, like an external stack, becoming narrower towards the top and on which sits the bellcote. North aisle, west window of 3-lights with three foiled circles above. North aisle east window of 3-lights with large foiled circle above. Chancel south side with a single chamfered priests' doorway with hoodmould and headstops and a single trefoiled lancet. East window of three trefoiled lights with three foiled circles above. Interior has a four bay north arcade with circular piers and abaci, and double chamfered arches. Corbel responds. Two south windows with stained glass of 1919 and 1931 by Jones & Willis.

Listing NGR: SK3971668556

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79351
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Nov 2004
Reference: IOE01/13473/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George Wolfe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].